Friday, November 9, 2012

Tribute ... to You!


Image of showbiz mirror

In my previous posting (You ... and Me!), I referred to a poem I wrote a number of years ago.

My poem applies to anyone and everyone, whether from the eyes of a man or woman, young or old, artist or engineer, President of a company or nation, or employee or citizen, and so on.

Now I know a lot of people may be aware of this already. However, I believe there are also a lot of people who don't or may not, and in particular when they get angry: name-calling or bullying (however subtle) or the like. Sometimes we just plain forget...myself included!

There's an expression that there are four fingers pointing back towards you (yourself) when you are pointing at someone. I speak figuratively here of course, i.e., on a mental and emotional level.

So reflect on these words (below) with that in mind:

You,
a perfect reflection of me
A reminder of my own glory
as I see [slight pause] your inner and outer beauty

You,
a mirror
of my thoughts
my feelings
my desires?

Oh, how I am in awe of you
and thus me as you

You,
who reflect that which is pure and deep
and light and love and happiness
within me

You,
whom I cherish with all my heart
my mind and spirit

Thank you,
thank you for being you
and all that which you are

God bless,
God bless you
and thus me
as our spirits intertwine*
and become one

Wow!
I am in love!
I am in love with life
with God
with you
and thus me

Again thank you,
thank you for being you
and all that which you are. ©

*intuitive movements with my hands here like a DNA/RNA spiral

So next time you are prone to judge and/or criticize someone, silently or out loud, think twice: is this a trait you dislike, perhaps even hate about yourself?

How do you tend to see others? With what kind of eyes?

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret. I got a bit shy when you wanted me to share it in person with everyone and post it, though I am grateful too...at heart I do believe it is a great poem. After all, it did come from Spirit! ;) <3

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally clinked onto your site Elly. Have hesitated because when you said it to our group last Sunday I was blown away by the words. The words should be shouted out every chance we get to make people realize that these words are for real all we have to do is Trust! Thank you so much for this Elly really glad that you are apart of my life.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Marion. I'm actually blown away by your words! I had no idea the impact of my poem as I felt it a bit out-of-sorts so-to-speak but my heart/soul/spirit had this urge to share it...I was just in a totally open and loving space at the time and Myrna's remark spurred me on. Curious about the 'trust' part re. my poem...I'd love to hear from you about that, perhaps next time I see you.

      And I, too, am grateful that you are a part of my life. I so appreciated you making me feel welcome - you were one of the first - and I truly support you in a lot of your comments as of late, at times challenging others, but holding your ground and speaking your truth. I SO admire that! :) <3

      Delete
  4. Now how do i commend you, Elly? U wilk mirror it back to me! :) but truly one of a kind and universal poem :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asma, I replied to you on the same day, but realize I didn't hit 'reply' so don't think you received my comments. This is what I said: "Thanks Asma. Well, I would like to think it is "one-of-a-kind" poem as you say; however, I hear this theme more and more lately wherever I go.: :) <3

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a profound thought, Elly conveyed through a lovely poem. It is so true that what annoys us most in others is something hidden in ourselves. And may be that's why it bothers us so much on a deeper level. Thank you for pointing me to this post. I appreciate the thought expressed here very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beloo, though wasn't your post on a similar vein? ;) And yes, what we both admire and detest in others are what we have in ourselves. ;)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a lovely poem and does show how we feel about our blogs.. i call my blog my third baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ls, though this poem is not about our blogs..you know that right? ;) It is about two people and how they mirror each other! :) Though I can understand about your blog being a baby, whether first, second, third, or more! ;) <3

      Delete
  9. As i read your poem, i could feel, that somewhere, our thoughts match. kind-a-similar. Loved it. This is inspiring me to write an another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! :) Great minds think alike?! ;) Glad to hear it is inspriing you to write another poem: would love to read that! :) <3

      Delete
  10. Thank you for sharing your poem with me Elly! Yes indeed, the external world is a reflection of our inner realms!! It is a feedback loop into our collective psyche and your poem expresses it beautifully... xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting little woo. Indeed that is what my poem is about, though on a smaller scale when I wrote it. However, it can be applied not only individually, but also to the bigger, collective conscious of our society and world/planet even. ;) <3

      Delete