Sunday, September 7, 2014

Soulful Sunday: Favourite Weekly Posts

"Inspired Elly" photo taken by Roberto Kaplan

Again, as Kathy Hadley suggested in an email about the Ultra Blog Challenge, I am recapping with my favourite post and the posting that was most commented on this past week.

My post on "Frolicking Fun Friday: Painting with Fire" would have been my favourite if I was able to download (or upload?) the videos. Since that was unsuccessful, I would say my favourite post this past week is a tie:

"Word-less" Wednesday was not only easy to post as it was such a short posting, but it also can require some creative thinking on the part of the reader.

My tied favourite was "Talented Thursday: Blogging AND...?!" as it featured a fun and potential interactive video, and an animated photo that depicts me perfectly: LOL. ;)

However, my blog post that came with the most comments this past week (that was meant for Monday) was not surprising a commentary about mental health, featuring in part Robin Williams who committed suicide about a month ago. A touchy, sensitive yet important topic.

Thank you again to all of you who read my posts and especially those who commented on my posts this past week. :)

15 comments:

  1. Enjoyed several of your posts this week Elly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Candess! Likewise, I enjoyed the ones I read of yours. Keep on blogging! ;) <3

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your posts this week, especially the one about mental health. It can be surprising to see which posts you enjoyed most and the ones that were the favourite for readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexi! For sure, the one about mental health was a good one for me too...I did enjoy it as well actually.

      Delete
  3. Suicide is a sensitive subject, and one that has touched me with both my husbands. No--not together. My first hubby had depression, only later found to be bipolar. I heard that my present husband tried to kill himself after his first wife left him. I think they are both delicate souls. I'm pleased to say that I've been happily married now for 25 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what a double whammy Francene! That must have been quite challenging; however, glad to hear that things are working out for you now. :) <3

      Delete
  4. You're doing a wonderful job! I agree with Lexi...some posts are more popular than others, and it never seems to be the ones we think! But it's not surprising that many people responded to your Robin Williams/Mental Health post...he touched many lives.

    Keep blogging, my friend!
    Blessings.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny! For sure, Robin Williams was rather popular. You never know how many lives you impact. :) <3

      Delete
  5. Elly, I enjoy your posts and your comments It is funny how some posts get more responses than others. I certainly cannot figure it out. I think it takes time for other people to figure YOU out amongst other things!
    THANKS heaps! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! Ha, that's too funny yet I agree...figure me out! I'll have to figure myself out first! ;) <3

      Delete
  6. Wonderful flashback, Elly! I enjoyed your frolicking fun friday and wednesday's post. But your post on the mental health (Robin William's) touched my heart :) waiting for it's part 3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 'Anonymous' for your comment. I'm glad you enjoyed those posts! :) <3

      Delete
  7. Suicide has affected my husband's family at least twice. One an uncle, one a cousin. One was related to mental illness. One was related to the lack of support many communities do not give to parents caring for children with disabilities even when the parents become old and ill. I am so happy to see that Robin Williams' death opened up at least some kind of dialog. Alana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear Alana. There certainly needs to be more support for people caring for others with disabilities: such a challenge and responsibility that seemingly gets overlooked with needed support. And as I said (in part 1 I believe), even though Robin's death was sad news, it did have a positive spin/twist to it in terms of open dialogue. :) <3

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete