Thursday, September 4, 2014

Talented Thursday: Blogging AND...?!


Photo from www.wikihow.com


Imagine yourself juggling at least three balls in the air. I learned how to do this from an expert juggler months ago and was able to do so, albeit briefly. I was, of course, ecstatic when I did. (I have yet to practice with the ideal ball size and weight.)

I often if not always juggle balls in the air, at least three, if not four or more, in my life. How many of you can relate?

Those of you who are parents juggle tons of balls daily in your relationships with your spouse/partner, child(ren), career, home, and activities. I can understand that.

I am not necessarily speaking about multi-tasking, though I can do that seemingly quite well. Rather, I am speaking primarily as a singleton, that is being dependent on yourself for everything in your life.

That is, as in my case, working a full-time day job - I work for a nonprofit agency - commuting approximately 1-1/2 hours per day to and fro and shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. in addition to blogging daily lately (for this Ultra Blog Challenge) and commuting everywhere by bus.

Whew! Have I made you tired yet? That is only the basics! There are also errands, appointments, activities (primarily choir, community events, energy healing exchanges), and so forth. You get the drift.

If I was to tell you what I sometimes do in one day yet alone a weekend (Saturday and Sunday) or weekend day (Saturday or Sunday), I might just blow your socks off! (I do at least with one or two of my friends whom I sometimes make time for, when possible once a week.) In fact, I sometimes amaze myself in what I can do and what I am capable of. Truly!

In this way, I can so relate to my Mom who has a hard time sitting, sitting down except to eat a meal or rest her feet/legs from time to time and/or to watch some TV (usually news). She barely sits down, I swear!

Though I mainly sit at work and when I am on the computer typing/blogging at home, except with the occasional standing from time to time, I am essentially "on the go" a lot. Thus, one nickname I refer to myself as is the 'Energizer Bunny.'

Are you familiar with the commercial that aired years ago with the (Duracell) battery-operated bunny? That's what I am referring to; see the photo below. That is what I am or tend to be like generally.

It is like I am on automatic pilot at times, busy doing. Another expression I have for myself is 'busy bee' as in a bee flitting and buzzing around from flower to flower, or in my case, from one to-do task item to another. (Photo from Wikipedia)

To say I am "intense" because of this is essentially accurate; however, even though I am generally driven with purpose and passion a lot of the time (and usually for good reason, at least in my opinion), I can also 'chill' and relax. I love to play and have fun, especially during the summer, taking advantage of free outdoor music/concerts and festivals. ;)

How many balls do you tend to juggle in the air? What kind of activities and talents fill up your life?

10 comments:

  1. We're all juggling "balls" somehow. Glad that women are gifted with the skill of multi tasking. Although it's a struggle, I get by pretty well. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny 'cause I was just thinking of editing that as I actually think you are right SuperLux. Given this day and age with computer technology, IM (instant messaging) and instant communication....even though it speeds up communication, we seem just as busy if not more so than in past. Why is that? Thank goodness, at least us females are natural at multi-tasking. It's interesting you bring that up as I was looking for a female juggler video, but couldn't find one! ;) Keep at the multi-tasking: maybe like juggling, you'll become more proficient at it! ;) <3

      Delete
  2. I quite relate to the juggling bit. Your routine does sound tough h. Surprisingly, even my mum cannot sit in a place for long. I wish I could do half as much as her but I do have my share of juggling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as SuperLux said (and I was going to change and perhaps 'should'), I think we all do. And from my IMing with you, it seems you too are on the go quite a bit too! Wonder what it is with our Mums...maybe the work ethic back then? Hmmm.... ;) <3

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are one big bundle of energy I must say, Elly! I must a few things from you in time and work management :) my mother often chides me as "Asma, when will you learn, girl?" thanks for sharing, Elly <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, until I drop! ;) I'm not sure I'm the BEST example Asma, though I often have a good sense of how longs will take: I think I learned that from my Mom. Like you, I think I received a similar remark from my mother! ;) <3

      Delete
    2. ...except blog writing and posting, especially the latter Asma seems to take longer than I anticipate oftentimes! ;) <3

      Delete
  5. Yes, like you, I often think of myself as the bunny for Duracell batteries. I am so thankful I have that kind of energy, don't you? Wouldn't it be sad if we had to sit around all the time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny that you think of yourself that way too Carol. I am grateful to have that energy for sure, though I can burn the candle at both ends too, or rather run out the batteries! ;) Yes, sometimes I am forced to lie or sit down if sick and/or in pain though! ;) <3

      Delete