Sunday, October 19, 2014

A Dream, A Vision in My Heart


Picture from google

A number of years ago I received an unusual inspiration at around 3 a.m. This came in the form of ideas for a children's choir.

I 'got' the name intuitively as well as the number of children to start off with and/or the ages. The name I received has been used since for a children's choir - reason to start acting sooner – though I realized it wasn’t ideal for me as my ideas/inspirations about a children's/youth choir have expanded since then.

It took me some time to digest this information, this piece of 'news.' After all, I was not a musician, only having played a recorder briefly in elementary school, violin in junior high or high school, and a few piano or keyboard lessons here and there since that time. However, with anything, as you already know, if you don't use it, you lose it! I would have to learn or relearn how to play any instrument.

Similarly, I am not a choir director though I did a stint as one for children at a former church.

However, I came to realize that there are ways around those two obstacles.

I actually started this blog for one main reason: to advertise my choir. (Side note: I recently changed my bio and may change it back to what I had originally if things change.)

If people were to google my name, they would find that I have no website. Because I love to write, I decided rather than a website (though I may one day who knows), I would write a blog.

Through my blog people can get a (better) sense of me and my choir-to-be. My dream eluded me after a few attempts. At times I call it "a dream" as it seems elusive, though perhaps I should call it "a vision" of what (it) could be.

(YouTube Video of 'Dream' - click on 'show more' under video in google for music, movies, and speakers. One of the films, 'Into the Wild' is an amazing story about one man in pursuit of his dream for freedom)

I know what can be as I have had visions of it. I also know what’s possible as I continue to receive inspiration from time to time – one time a download of information came streaming between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m. (see http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2010/07/call-to-action.html) and also because of what I observe and witness.

In my heart, I know the reasons for my alternative choir – I used to term “co-creative children’s and/or youth choir” – are important. It serves many functions, not the least of which is for children/youth to express themselves, though that’s only the tip of the iceberg.

There are many layers, the primary one being self-expression and creativity which make up the top layer, authenticity and individuality just below the surface, and way deep down is getting kids off drugs, i.e., medication, in particular those who are mislabeled AD(H)D.* (See http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2010/07/why-me-why-this-choir.html.)

My preference is to have children register themselves if they feel drawn, rather than the parent(s) force their children to attend. That’s an entirely different dynamic!

I know what can be as I have had visions of it. Will I have the courage to go after it, despite all obstacles?

Now your turn: Do you have a dream in your heart and if so, are you expressing its essence? And are you expressing your essence?

*For another post?

I'm linking this to WriteTribe: Tell a Story.

14 comments:

  1. The video was perfect and very moving. I had no idea of your dream - thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too Carol, thanks regarding the video. :) <3

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and inspiring. Keep up the good work and follow that dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie, I appreciate your words of support and encouragement. :) <3

      Delete
  3. Moving video and lovely to know the purpose of your blog...I have a dream, that dream is to write a book one day..I know every one makes fun of that these days saying every one wants to write..But I started my blog precisely to get better at writing and just write because I love doing it so much...maybe one day that book will be a reality..If not atleast I'd still have written most days of my life

    Random Thoughts Naba..JSepia Tones: Diwali & Shillong...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nabanita, I so hear as that is one of my dreams too. Believe it and you can achieve it! :) <3

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a delightful but puzzling dream. Hang onto it, even if others took the name first. I wish I had a dream so clear and delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel. I would love to know what you mean by 'puzzling'...is there more clarity that you require? It might be good to get that feedback. Feel free to FB/IM me. Thanks! :) <3

      Delete
  5. Every time you dream of something with open eyes, you have one more reason to live your life passionately. Glad to learn about your dream. Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vinodini for your kind words of encouragement. :) <3

      Delete
  6. Elly, this the fourth time I am writing comment on this post.
    May God fulfill all your wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sorry to hear it took you so many tries Usha. Thanks for your patience and posting your comment. And thanks for your good wishes! :) <3

      Delete
  7. I compliment you for your wonderful vision, Elly...and wish you success in it. It's amazing what you wish for the young ones! I'll do some soul-searching here and see if what i often wish for the good i could do, is really my vision in life! :) thanks, dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Asma, however the vision began with the inspiration from God/Spirit! I'm glad this post has inspired you in turn! :) <3

      Delete