Sunday, January 18, 2015

Gratitude List #1


My Earl Grey tea with heart

Here is my gratitude list for the day, week, month, and year(!) thus far in no particular order.

* A new year and thus a new beginning (http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/12/out-with-old-in-with-new_31.html)
* My birthday this month: treating myself and being treated! ;) (http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2015/01/happy-birthday-to-me-part-1.html)
* A new hair style, a new me! ;)
* The basics: shelter - a roof over my head and warmth; food; clothes
* Tops and sweaters at great discount prices
* Thrift stores...need I say more! ;)
* Donating to clear up space and help others in need
* Recycling and compost programs to help Mother Earth
* Creativity through blogging and writing
* Singing in two fun choirs including two of my favourite songs: Happy (http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/09/world-gratitude-day-part-2.html) and Ode to Joy (http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/12/ode-to-joy.html)
* Blogging communities for support and learning
* Blogging prompts, though even though I have lots of ideas and inspiration to write from, sometimes it's fun to write as part of a challenge and write FUN posts! ;) (http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2015/01/wordy-wednesday-rainbow-connection.html)

(Just a side note, that I have copied and pasted the links above as my links don't seem to be working...not sure if temporary or not.)

I'm sure there is lots more I can list; however, I have left you with enough reading so enjoy! ;)

Now it’s your turn!

What’s on your list this week? Please share with me and the woman who inspired me - finally doing it! - to start this: Laurel Regan.

How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup

1. Write and post a gratitude list in your own blog.
2. Click the "add your link" button below and share your gratitude post.
3. Click "get the InLinkz code" below and add the linkup code to your post.
4. Visit and comment on some of the posts listed in the Gratitude Linkup.

What's on your gratitude list today? Please feel free to share!






15 comments:

  1. There's so much to be grateful for, isn't it?! I'm glad we have so many things in common here to be grateful for. I love the idea of a gratitude post. I'm not sure when I'll write one but it was great reading yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you joined in on the linkup, Elly! And what an uplifting list - thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a pretty nice idea! I would love to join the bandwagon. Thank you, Elly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vinodini, I am sure I could have written a much longer list though felt that was enough for now. And after all, it was my first one! ;)<3

    And yes, I finally did Laurel - had been meaning to eventually though! ;) Glad you enjoyed my list! :)<3

    It is a great idea isn't it Asma. You may enjoy doing it too! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely thing, isn't it? Counting the things we are grateful for. Such happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it's actually fun to do, and easy too...doesn't take much effort and worth it! :)<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great list -- and it is just the beginning, right Elly? We don't have to look hard to find something to be thankful for in every area of our lives. Thanks Elly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Carol: I love my list too! :)<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots to be grateful for in this feel good post. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm grateful for a wonderful beach vacation this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very thoughtful list , Elly. Thanks for sharing. I too got great ideas from your list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you liked it Usha and that it inspired you! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like a wonderful thing to be grateful for Naba! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete