Sunday, June 7, 2015

Gratitude List #8: Free and Freedom


Bavarian Alps style home

Today's gratitude list is on the theme of free and freedom, neighbourhood and mice as follows:

* Free training for public speaking via my work
* Free exercise class focusing on legs, bum, and tum
* Sunny hot weather this weekend to air dry my laundry :)
* About an hour nap due to a few early mornings, late nights, and allergies
* Making time to read (and enjoy) a book
* Spending some time outdoors: farmers markets, reading, walks
* Going for walks in my new neighbourhood
* Farmer's markets on the North Shore, including a few in North Vancouver
* Having an abundance of food in my fridge including lettuce/salad & fruit
* Meeting the owner of a Bavarian Alps style home: love that look!
* Meeting a neighbourhood cat just down the street where I live
* Scenic views from up on high (on the streets in Upper Lonsdale)
* Two mice caught in the hall/storage area between the outer and inner doors
* A dog upstairs with a keen sense of smell: he found the second dead mouse - I had heard the snap of one mousetrap ...hmm, wish I had a cat or dog! ;)
* Found a loonie (a one-dollar coin)

Mouse traps: old and new styles

Though I had SO wished for the mouse to escape outdoors to freedom - thought I had only one mouse (unless another came in in the meantime) - to go back outside harm-free, my landlord had tried various means including mouse-friendly traps where they would be caught alive.

Nothing seemed to work and thus she resorted to old, traditional mouse traps which I did not wish in my home. Thus, they were placed in the corridor between the outside door and my apartment door.


What are you grateful for today and/or this week?

27 comments:

  1. I loved your list!! And its so nice to be reading you again! :)

    My list would include - my gym - with zumba classes
    Lemonade
    Hot weather
    Rainbows
    Rains
    Family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pixie, glad you enjoyed reading it! :) As much as I enjoyed reading your comments! ;) Zumba is great and I love your list too...thanks for sharing. <3

      Delete
  2. Lovely list and a good reminder of what we need to do- give thanks for the little things everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shailaja. :) And yes, the little things count and add up for sure! And the big ones help too. ;) <3

      Delete
  3. Loved the list yet again. I am grateful for my exercise routine, for my love of food and experimentation, for finding a nice new help for chopping veggies, for having cured my younger son of his cold with turmeric milk and steam inhalation, for getting rid of the headache so quickly this morning, for staying away from FB this weekend and catching up with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachna. :) Sounds like you have a great and varied list too. I appreciate you sharing it. :) <3

      Delete
  4. Interesting gratitude list, Elly! I dont like rats. It is tough to shoo them away and rat traps are the only way that works, but usually they are too smart for that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shilpa, though it was mice, not rats. ;) Apparently pros and cons to both, though I think I would rather have mice. ;') <3

      Delete
  5. Beautiful list, Elly. I really like this gratitude thing you have going on here. Gratitude is *suppose* to be my word for the year and I've fallen off track with it. Maybe it's time to resurrect it since it is the middle of the year! Thank you for this gentle and beautiful reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ravyne, I don't think it was as 'beautiful' a list as last Sunday (see http://www.xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2015/05/gratitude-list-7-beauty-nature-and.html). ;) However, I do enjoy posting these gratitude lists as of late and glad you appreciate them. :) I look forward to reading your gratitude lists too and thanks for the reminder as I had forgotten my word theme for the year: oops! <3

      Delete
  6. mouse in the house!! hope it doesn't sneaks in the bed :)
    I wish I could make more time to read. So many are pending. Wonderful list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and no the latter, thank goodness! ;) I was worried about that too which is why it was hard sleeping initially; however, I came to learn that they are afraid of humans, so I don't think that will be a problem. ;) Thanks for reading and stopping by Raj. <3

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a lovely life (apart from the mice)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, a lovely week and weekend at least Laurel, thanks! ;) <3

      Delete
  8. That's such a cute list :) Loved it Elly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute?! Really? ;) Glad you enjoyed reading it though! :) <3

      Delete
  9. Today, I am grateful for having a decent sale in my store in the first half, as the weather is a bit okay. Not so scorching as it has been the last month or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear Chicky, though what kind of store do you operate? I may have read it prior but forgot! ;) <3

      Delete