Sunday, July 19, 2015

Gratitude List #14: Eat, Drink, and Be Merry 2


'Blood Orange Smoothie' (photo by me)

Today's gratitude list is on the theme of the usual: music, free concerts, and summer foods/drinks, in order of the events of this past week, in no particular order of importance:

* The launch of a local Green Party's campaign, Claire Martin, for North Vancouver with appetizers, music, and speeches by her and Elizabeth May, Leader of the Green Party
* Drop-in singing with an impromptu rock choirin West Vancouver
* Singing with a beautiful view of the ocean (inside though) at Silk Purse Gallery
* Listening to a cool band Friday evening (I thought 'Frozen' was playing so came late)
* A fresh fig given to me directly from a tree next door where I live
* Reconnecting with my previous landlady at her garage sale
* Receiving a raindrop umbrella from my previous landlady's daughter
* Being provided with fresh ice and cold water before heading out again
* Attending a block party in my old neighbourhood
* Summer fruit: blueberries (and organic at that!)
* Preparing and creating a green salad with fruit (blueberries, strawberries, and a fig from next door)
* Salmon patties
* Cold drinks on a hot day: iced tea, water, mineral water
* Popsicles and/or ice cream on a hot day
* A great live Latin band, Alma Chevere, to dance to (http://www.almachevere.com/)

Me (being silly) smelling the herbs of one of my favourite teas today, 'Blood Orange Smoothie' though not a smoothie. (It almost looks like I am drinking it; however, we each received a small plastic container to taste various iced teas with.)

* Sampling different teas at an iced tea event (http://www.teasparrow.com/)
* Tea Sparrow: their integrity, generosity, and sense of fun
* Receiving a goodie bag for volunteering

Just curious, what is your favourite type of tea: black, chai, green, herbal, oolong?

And what are you grateful for at this time? Today/yesterday/this past week?

26 comments:

  1. Lovely list there, Elly. My favorite tea is the Indian chai -- the masala tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachna. :) Indian chai is wonderful tea, though I am not familiar with 'masala' tea. ;) <3

      Delete
  2. The salad sounds yummy with the kind of ingredients that have gone in. My face tea is the chai...a strong one flavoured with fresh ginger. This week I'm grateful for the resilience God is blessing me with for major changes happening in my life (starting all over again to familiarise myself with a whole new city and people!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn the auto correct mode on my smartphone! I meant *fave, not face ;)

      Delete
    2. Damn the auto correct mode on my smartphone! I meant *fave, not face ;)

      Delete
    3. I knew what you meant, and I understand about the auto correct mode! ;) I love creating salads with whatever ingredients I have, primarily fruit in the summer! :) Chai is wonderful tea, though I tend to only like a little ginger, not too strong. :) I hope you enjoy your exciting new adventure by the sounds of it Vinnie! :) <3

      Delete
  3. Tea! My favorite is chai - with a lot of ginger!! A close second is black.
    I like most teas actually, except green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, chai yes, a lot of ginger - great for you (not for me)! ;) I love black teas, especially Earl Grey. If you haven't tried that one yet, do and/or Cream of Earl Grey! :) (And I'm not a fan of green tea either, though I came across two yesterday during the iced tea event that are really great!) <3

      Delete
  4. Lovely to see you Elly... keep smiling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nisha, though I have to laugh at your comment as my eyes were kinda popping out with the smell (though it looks like I am drinking) in the second photo above! ;) <3

      Delete
  5. This was great Elly -- I imagined you in all these situations and felt I was getting caught up with what is going on in your life -- very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. :) Yes, a great way to 'catch up' with me in terms of my life! ;) <3

      Delete
  6. That must have been some event, to be surrounded with tea. I had similar experience at the Munnar tea gardens (kerala) few years back but, all the varieties confused me... am not much of a tea lover...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and a number of the teas had such intoxicating smells - the bowls of herbs - as indicated in my photo above where I am smelling it and my eyes are popping out! ;) There are certainly a lot of varieties, though some of the main ones I mentioned above. ;) <3

      Delete
  7. All this talk of teas and salads, cold drinks and popsicles is making me hungry. I think I must go and make my cup of masala chai :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha Shilpa! Got you hungry and thirsty did I? ;) Enjoy your chai! <3

      Delete
  8. Delectable summer libations, Elly! ☺ Iced green tea is my favourite, but the "Blood Orange Smoothie" sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they certainly are Debbie! ;) The 'Blood Orange Smoothie' was a popular hit yesterday, though some people didn't like it at all. You can't please everyone! ;) <3

      Delete
  9. My kind of chai is the one with ginger and cardamom. .hot and sweet. Yum. Lovely list there. Ice cream on a hot day....Anyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chai with cardamom is great for sure! :) Glad you enjoyed my list! :) <3

      Delete
  10. Nice list, Elly! I used to enjoy going to tea tastings at Silk Road in Victoria's Chinatown - lovely place if you ever get a chance to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel. :) I have them in the back of my mind as I know you mentioned it to me before. Hopefully one day, soon? ;) <3

      Delete
  11. That expression of yours is so cute in the pic with the tea. I love black tea and herbal too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I suppose it is Ajay! ;) Great choices of teas that you like! :) <3

      Delete
  12. I love tea... I would have loved to sample it too :D You have a lot of fresh and delicious stuffs on your gratitude list :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love tea too! :) Yes, I certainly do, don't I?! Does that make me a "foodie?" ;) <3

      Delete