Thursday, July 9, 2015

Quote Challenge Day 1: Quotes are mine!


Bubble soccer players (photo by me)

I have a number of phrases that I often say. I consider them quotes, my (own) quotes! Thus, I will feature different ones for three days as part of this challenge.

One I say from time to time, sometimes relatively often is as follows: "There's no such thing as common sense!" or similarly, "There's no such thing as common sense cause it ain't common!"

Did you ever notice that? Or am I the only one? I'm sure I'm not, right?

Being a keen observer, I see so many things that, well, defy logic! I can think of so many things, including designs and fabrics of women's clothing, such as socks and the like, and especially when it's so hot outside! (I would love a bra made out of bamboo for example!)

At times, I imagine designs and layouts in terms of furniture, kitchens, rooms, and even house layouts. Why for example is the handle on the other side of the fridge? It's totally inconvenient and impractical on that side! (This is dependent upon where the fridge is situated, of course!)

And these examples are only the tip of the iceberg! ;)

On Canada Day, I saw a number of people - the general public (both men and women) - play bubble soccer. Why are they wearing such dark colours, especially on such a stinking, hot day? And why play bubble soccer mid-day in the blazing hot sun in the first place?!

Soccer is a hot sport already with all the running around; however, add plastic bubbles and arm/knee pads for example, and you're probably sweltering inside even before the game starts! ;)

**************************************************************************************

I have been nominated for this challenge by Parul Kashyap Thakur, Shilpa Garg, and Usha Menon. Thank you all.

This is what the 3-Day Quote Challenge is all about.

1. Post one of your favorite quotes (different quote on each day) on three consecutive days. The quote can be from your favorite book, author, or your own.
2. Nominate 3 bloggers to challenge them.
3. Thank the blogger who nominated you.

Since the BAR (Blog-A-Rhythm) community that I am involved with have already been nominated already from what I understand, I will skip the nominations. However, if anyone is interested, feel free to pick up the challenge in case you haven’t already received it.

9 comments:

  1. Oh I feel the same way Ell...Common sense is truly missing ...How hard is it? Yes, that's what comes to my mind when I see people doing things that they should have rather not done had common sense prevailed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wonder why they even call it that, don't you?! ;)

      Delete
  2. Common sense is definitely not common.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Common sense has become quite uncommon. I totally agree with you on that! Great to see you participating in this challenge <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it was ever common in the first place! ;) <3

      Delete
  5. Common sense has never been common. More so in current times. Good to see you participate in the challenge. I'm on Day 3. Will try to post it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just said that to Vinnie above! ;) I also used to say, "Common sense isn't common!" ;) <3

      Delete