Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Wordy Wednesday: Her fairy tale!


Today's Wordy Wednesday phrase prompt: "Her fairy tale" is courtesy of B-A-R (Blog-A-Rhythm) member, writer, and blogger, Nibha Gupta.

On her blog, 'Expressions!' (https://nibhz.wordpress.com/), Nibha describes herself as "Poetess" - love that word and thought I coined it! ;) - declaring "Poems are something that come naturally!), Storyteller (I thank my Imagination for my stories), Artist, Photography Enthusiast (I love clicking photos!)." Quite an artist she is, don't you think?

Nibha continues, "'Expressions' is a place where, Feelings are let go and words are unleashed; a place where I Express myself and all my imagination come alive! Come fly with me with wings of words in my world of imagination. I write to Express! Feelings are best described through art, the art that I choose is the art of words!" (Sounds so poetic!)

Nibha's blog boasts a mélange of writings including poetry, letters, stories, book reviews, and the like. She writes deeply with feeling - no wonder her blog title! - and enunciates every word, giving texture to her writing style and mood.

I think you will be happy exploring and getting lost in her writings. Do stay there awhile if you can!

Since I identify with expressing - my blog post does have "Xpress" (short for "express") in the title after all - and I notice she seems to like exclamation marks as well, I will aim to write from that place as best I can. Let's see how I do, shall we? ;)

**************************************************************************************

If you've seen Walt Disney's animated movie 'Frozen' it is a "kick-ass" - my words - female empowerment story, primarily for young girls. Me being young at heart though, I love watching children's movies and do so occasionally (and yes, even despite that I do not have children). This is one such movie I SO love and admire, and highly recommend too!

The movie 'Frozen' was actually inspired by 'The Snow Queen,' Hans Christian Andersen's fairytale. 'Frozen' is non-traditional in nature, a fairytale-of-a-story that makes the heroine the hero!

The storyline is as follows: "When their kingdom becomes trapped in perpetual winter, fearless Anna joins forces with mountaineer Kristoff and his reindeer sidekick to find Anna's sister, Snow Queen Elsa, and break her icy spell. Although their epic journey leads them to encounters with mystical trolls, a comedic snowman, harsh conditions, and magic at every turn, Anna and Kristoff bravely push onward in a race to save their kingdom from winter's cold grip." (https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=l8acVcarO8bF8Afan4GYDw&gws_rd=ssl#q=frozen+storyline)

Here is Wikipedia's version and a bit of history plus all the awards the movie garnered: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_%282013_film%29 ... how is that for female empowerment?! ;)

Okay, I can't help getting excited. I am female after all. What can I say? However, this is NOT my story to tell, this was Her fairy tale! ;)


P.S.I had to chuckle as I had to delete a few characters from my labels. I deleted 'hero' and the rest fit! ;)

I was considering writing fiction or poetry, but I felt a strong impulse to share the above. Hope you don't mind!

The last Wordy Wednesday story, I 'got' the first three words and the story developed. This time, I 'got' that the phrase was to be the last three words. ;) Now tell me, honestly, how did I do overall?

If you haven't seen the movie yet, go and watch it, at least once. I have seen it twice and will again for the third time this weekend (outside with a bunch of families/kids and possibly some adult friends as well)!

14 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful movie. And I love watching all the Disney movies. Atleast they are better than Transformers and their ilk. All having lot of positive messages transporting us to a magical world. It makes us wish to live in their fairy tale stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why you love Disney movies as do I! ;) They are certainly a lot more transformative transporting us to a magical world! ;) <3

      Delete
  2. I love Frozen and it's actually a fairy tale that I like because the female is not really a damsel in distress, at least in the movie version ... And yes lot of good things for the young girls to learn from :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the same reasons why I love the movie too Naba! ;) And apparently, it's not a 'fairytale' per se! ;) (I googled that.) <3

      Delete
  3. Frozen is a lovely movie indeed. In fact I also love watching Disney movies for children. I dont how many times I must have seen Tangled and Brave, which are also amazing heroine centred movies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves Disney animated movies! ;) I haven't seen Tangled yet, not sure about Brave but perhaps I "should" as I think heroine-centred movies, well it's about time, don't you think! ;) <3

      Delete
  4. What a lovely tribute to Nibha! She is a true artiste for sure! You're great how you support all the BAR members, Elly! So appreciated!

    Disney films are the best, aren't they? Back in the VHS days of the mid 1990s, those films saved me on those dark cold days of isolation when I lived in the high Arctic on a tiny island in the Arctic Ocean with the hubs and two small boys needing entertainment. Heaven forbid if the Video Machine didn't work. Once I thought it was broken and I was really panicky. My Inuk friend, Catherine opened up the machine and found a candy that Eric had put inside. Catherine was amazingly resourceful as were many of the Inuit up there since there were no repair shops around. We were living our own "Frozen" movie up there. I'll never forget it.

    Frozen is a great movie. Full of magic, wonder and pure fun. And it's great that it has such a strong female as a role model to young girls. The earlier movies portray the girls more like damsels in distress, but they're still great classics, despite that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I speak from what I observe and feel from my 'fellow' BAR member bloggers! ;) I certainly love Disney films, including the non-animated ones as well! :) So you experienced 'frozen' to some degree it seems. ;) Certainly Frozen is a great movie for the reasons you say. :) <3

      Delete
  5. Frozen is my latest favorite and the song 'Let it go' from the same is just awesome :) My hard disk is filed with disney movies :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it certainly is a great movie and that song too (which Idina Menzel from the musical 'Wicked' sings)! ;) Disney movies are the best! I have always loved them, even their dramas. ;) <3

      Delete
  6. My favorite fairy tale is that of Shek and Fiona :D absolutely love them... Frozen is indeed empowering but I just can't get past all the singing :P I don't know how I survived bollywood movies which have atleast 10 songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Shrek and Fiona are a fun couple for sure! ;) Perhaps I didn't mind the singing considering Idina Menzel was the lead singer. I had heard her in the musical 'Wicked' with one song in particular that she sang so amazingly. Some people aren't into musicals and that's ok too! ;) <3

      Delete
  7. Frozen. It's one of the best must watch movies out there.

    ReplyDelete